15 May 2010

Huge Cats



They try to open the oxidized main door, and after many attempts and several minutes, inside they were surprised by the walls, without paying attention to the dust of sheets on the furniture or the spider webs impossible to believe in each corner of the room over 100 meters large. They returned home.

Years of not stepping on that house, first it moved them away to take care of a serious patient in another country, then the economic recession of their own one, and later something called custom. Each footstep on the before white carpet, is a memorable memory or not, but a memory of yesterday. The decision to sell the house was already taken, so they decide to make inhabitable the place for some days and to pack/sell their memories, their marriage, their youthful life.

Two days later in their old big rambling house, the main door was strucked. Humberto, The husband, goes down to open. Humberto is an almost fat old man, with an extensive moustache and much corporal hair. –Yes? Good morning, What can I do for you?.- Hello, Good morning. Are you Humberto?.- Yes, Can I do something for you?.- Don Humberto, I used to live in this street when we were kids.- The truth is that I do not remember you, I am sorry, I have come back after 40 years, please come in, come in and let’s talk.

Humberto receives to the stranger in the living room that is already a little more inhabitable after two days of deep cleaning. The stranger gets in and feels much homesickness. Humberto offers him tea not to be discourteous.

Well, Humberto I will tell you, I used to live here when we were children. But my family moved itself to another city and I did not return, as well as you, for a long time. But in the summer of the 51 I returned and I got marriage. And she was very beautiful, and surely you are asking yourself why I am speaking in past time. My wife and I lived near here, and as a just married couple, we were very… how to say it something impetuous, and we were never satisfied to make love only in one place, so we looked for many alternatives outside the common thing: Plazas, parks, the police station, parking spaces, public baths, etc. Until a day we realized that your house was left and we decided to get in. Humberto did not let be astonished but he would prefer to listen to the story as it was a very normal conversation.

Excuse me, but you said to get into my house? Yes, the stranger answered with energy, there is a window near the kitchen that was not sealed, we got in by the open window and sometimes we remained until the next day. We used to bring food like a day in the country, was very amused. Until she started to feel ill.

When Humberto opened his eyes saw his wife thrown in the floor and mutilated, her arm and leg were the food of two cats of a great size. Humberto shouted as hard as he could and not only that he shouted but he wanted to standing up himself, and it was then when he realized that his feet were next to him being devoured by a giant white cat. Humberto did not feel any physical pain, he only shouted and his shouts were like those of a dog that howls when she does not find to her puppies after looking for food. The cats were scared and fled leaving to the couple sunk in their

No comments:

Post a Comment